Destination Not Unknown


If you love to travel you might have a list of places you want to visit in your lifetime. Even if you don’t love traveling you might want to go to certain places you heard from other people.

I’m not one of those who are crazy about traveling for I’m a bad traveler. I got sea sick, car sick and am actually afraid of flying. It means I don’t feel the urge to visit places that I had visited more than once. But there are places I really want to see enough to endure the long flight and places that I love enough to visit again.

I love the hustle and bustle of city life and therefore my favorite destinations tend to be cities with modern conveniences/attractions. Having said that there are places with its breathtaking natural beauties that make me want to visit it again.

Huangsan Mountain in Anhui Province of China is one of those places. If I have time and friend to travel with I’d love to comeback and further explore its beauty.


Niagara Falls is worth the long flight across the world and without a doubt is one of travel destinations you have to see in your lifetime if you have the time and money to do it.



Time and money is the most important keys in traveling besides knowing which destination you want to go. Being in the central of tourism destinations might help. Europe for example.

But living in Europe doesn’t necessarily mean that you would be able to travel the continent and visit all places that are mentioned in travel guides particularly not if you are a student, which was my case.

I wasn’t really a model student back home – I skipped classes a lot – but when I studied abroad I never miss classes and devoted more time for my studies which means limited time to travel. And being a regular student there wasn’t enough money to spend on traveling.

I didn’t get the chance to go to Germany or Berlin to be exact and miss seeing this beautiful sight.



Many people think that New Zealand is a peace of heaven on earth but I think we have many pieces of heaven on earth that are scattered around the globe. Each country has its own unique beauty and wonderful history and for some reason I love this shot of Netherlands. The windmills and not the tulips.

Another destination is Singapore. I don’t think I have a favorite shot of this City State, the Lion is such a lame shot but it’s very well known.


Loving shopping/window shopping as much as I do there’s really no need for me to say why I love Singapore. I even love its airport! No, kidding. I LOVE its airport.

I think it’s the best airport in the world. I don’t mind being stranded in Singapore’s airport for a day or two. I spent 14 hours in Doha international airport once, it wasn’t that bad, but somehow I kept thinking ‘I wish I was in Singapore’.

What other places worth mentioning? Ah, New York. I’ve never been to New York but had I had a friend who wouldn’t mind spending the money for the trip to the Big Apple I’ll pack my bag.


Then there is Egypt, and the reason is this.


I haven’t been to Egypt. I don’t understand the pull that some people feel when they see that sphinx. But who knows, if I see it in person I’ll get it.

Another compelling picture is the picture of Taj Mahal of India.


I’ve grown up seeing this picture at home. If I’m not mistaken my father travel to India more than once and naturally he found time to go to Agra and posed in front of this monumental monument of love.

Had I wanted to go to India I could, quite easily, the offers were always there. But you know how the stories you hear from others who didn’t have a good experience could influence your opinions.

Even a picture could send a wrong message, let’s take a look at this shot of our beloved city Jakarta and see how would you feel about it and mind you I don’t show the pictures of its being flooded or occupied by demonstrators which are quite a routine  here ^_^



Now, last but not least, I think to all who love Korean Dramas, a visit to South Korea has become an obsession. For those who love saguek this picture of Changdeokgung Palace is definitely a sight to see.



My only regret was that I didn’t get the chance to visit those production houses where they shot all those dramas and missed the chance to see some of the Hallyu stars.  

Comments