In Welcome of the Beloved Month

I’ve been neglecting this blog for quite sometimes. Not because life is too boring that I found myself with no subjects to rant or rave about. As a matter of fact there were many issues to be discussed from the reelection of the current President – which was no surprise at all – to the re-bombing of the JW Marriot and Ritz Carlton – which was a real shocker - just to name a few.
However, I’m not going to talk about those things, the Ramadan has come, it’s time to reflect and count my blessings, not all, just the most important ones.

Firstly:

Through a long habit of analyzing every experience that came my way I end up with the understanding and conviction that the one who loves me most is not my parents but the Most Gracious. The one who understands me most is not my parents nor my best friends but the All-Wise, the All-Knower. The one who’ll always be there for me is not my parents nor my friends either but the Ever-Living, the One Who Sustains and Protects all that exists.

I count these understanding and conviction as my most precious blessings, the ones that I wish and pray to be mine forever. They are most precious because not really knowing their importance and significance before I never asked for them yet they have been given to me nonetheless. All the praises and thanks be to Allah.

Secondly:
I’m thankful that I’m blessed to be one of those people who got where they are and what they want rather easily without too much efforts. I’m most grateful that I’ve been given things that I desperately wanted against all odds. I was touched and humbled being showed that the blessing could come when I least expected it, that when I was in a corner with nobody to turn to and no hope for help, the help came my way like drops of rain in the middle of a desert.

Thirdly:

I’m grateful that despite the fact that I got things I wanted rather easily, I strongly believe that hard works, determination and discipline will get you the results you want. I’m grateful that I was being showed that if our Lord wants something for us it will be ours, nothing is impossible. I’m grateful that I’m able to put my trust in Him. May I always be one of those who love Him more than anything else and be granted His good pleasure.

Being able to meet the Holy Ramadan the beloved month is another blessing. It serves as a reminder, a new opportunity to readjust my priorities.

QS:102, 1-8

The mutual rivalry for piling up of worldly things diverts you, until you visit the graves. Nay! You shall come to know! Again Nay! You shall come to know! Nay! If you knew with a sure knowledge the end result of piling up, you would not have been occupied yourselves in worldly things. Verily, you shall see the blazing Fire! And again, you shall see it with certainty of sight! Then on that Day you shall be asked about the delights you indulged in, in this world!

Narrated by Abu Hurairah, I heard Allah’s Messenger said:

“Verily, Allah created mercy. The day He created it, He made it into one hundred parts. He withheld with Him ninety-nine parts, and sent its one part to all His creatures. Had a disbeliever known of all the mercy which is in the hands of Allah, he would not have lost hope of entering Paradise, and had a believer known of all the punishment which is present with Allah, he would not have considered himself safe from the Hell-fire.”

Comments