Rewarding the Crooks

No, I’m not talking about the likes of those who work for AIG, or other fancy financial institutions who operate in plush offices on the high street. The crooks I’m referring to work on the streets, literally.

They wear no white collars nor got millions of dollar bonuses from the tax payers’ money. They do however manage to con some money right out of the pockets of the gullible and or selfish public. A pittance it may be, but it never fails to rile me.

I’m ranting about those people who work in a group in the intersections, pretending to regulate traffic while actually trying to create a nightmarish jam. One that is so impossible to untangle without their help.

Whenever I become one of their helpless victims, I fervently wish I’m with the police or in the army so that I could stop my car, step out, and haul them all to the office to scare the living out of them.

My rage is divided between solely directed towards these low lives, and the stupid commuters who gave them some money for giving them a way by stopping other cars and ignoring the traffic light – yes, sometimes these people are operating in the intersections where the traffic lights work just fine.

One of the things that I can’t stand is stupidity. And selfishness. Unfortunately, whenever one is trapped in that horrible situation, one can see them a plenty. I have to swallow my rage every time I see a driver handing out money to the very culprit who creates the hell that we experienced.

I have to take a deep breath to stop my self from opening my window and yell to the other driver who is in a precious position to untangle the traffic simply by stopping and letting the other driver drive through, but being stupid or selfish, he chose to follow the order given by those crooks to keep going and drive his car right to the very center of the chaos to create more impossible knots.

Our streets are hazardous and horrendous enough without letting senseless, selfish and indiscipline people running amok with creative crooks to make driving a more trying experience than it already is.

None should be rewarded for doing something wrong. It doesn’t make sense to give money to the very people who make your life difficult in the first place. If we really want to stop this bad practice, we should lock them all behind bars and throw away the keys to the deep sea. And say good riddance...

Comments